Lehigh Valley Youth Soccer League (LVYSL) League Guidelines
All protocols are subject to additional restrictions/ease of restrictions allowed by CDC, U.S. Youth Soccer, EPYS, state and local governments.
In accordance with the rules and regulations of the State of Pennsylvania, and Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer Association - LVYSL requires all fans, coaches and bench players to wear a face covering during league matches. The face covering should properly cover the mouth and nose. The most common test for COVID-19 requires the insertion of a swab into the nasal cavity. Asymptomatic people carry the coronavirus in their nasal cavity.
It is each competing team's responsibility to self-enforce this requirement. Failure to wear a face covering may result in the abandonment and forfeiture of the game, as well as additional sanctions such as suspensions and/or fines upon further evaluation of the referee's report by the LVYSL Board of Directors.
In the interest of public health, the following Rules of Play changes are in effect as of Sept. 7, 2020 until further notice.
· EPYS Restart Guidelines should be followed by all clubs and teams.
· Players and Coaches should be on same sideline as their spectators.
· Everyone attending the match must check their temperature before arriving at the field. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 F or greater or awaiting results of a COVID-19 test must not attend.
· Coaches and bench players must socially distance on the sideline within a set technical area 10-yards on either side of the touchline, wearing masks.
· Players are required to wear masks during while on the field except for those who meet a Section 3 exception of Gov. Wolf's orders on COVID-19.
· Players and coaches should remain in their vehicles until it is time to enter the facility, allowing teams and supporters at previous games to leave the venue. Please exit the venue promptly after the game.
· Players and coaches must wear face coverings between the parking lot and the field.
· No team benches should be provided, and teams should not bring their own bench (players must remain 6-feet apart when not playing).
· Anyone who becomes sick during the event should leave the facility immediately.
· Coaches and players should maintain social distancing during half time, water breaks and at all times when off the field of play.
· Do not share water bottles, drinks or any personal items.
· No handshakes or high fives.
· Soccer balls should be disinfected before and after each game.
· No spitting.
· Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with hands.
· Players should sanitize their hands each time they come off the field.
· Do not allow any team member(s) with symptoms to attend any league games.
· If you are sick, feeling sick, awaiting results of a COVID-19 test or have a temperature, you must not attend league games.
· All players and coaches should do a temperature self-check prior to each league game
· If a player has a temperature, they should not play.
· Anyone who feels sick or has any symptoms of COVID-19 should not attend league games.
· Anyone who has had "close contact" with a person known to have COVID-19 should not attend league games.
Parents and Spectators Guidelines:
According to the Commonwealth’s guidance, players, attending family members and fans, coaches and referees should screen their temperatures before the game, either at home or at the field.
Anyone awaiting results of a COVID-19 test or with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher should not be at an event. They should stay home or be sent home. Self-reporting and honesty are crucial in the absence of taking temperatures.
REPORT to LVYSL: If any player, coach or spectator has tested positive for COVID-19 during a period within three weeks before and two weeks following the season.
In the event a player, coach or household member of a player testd positive for COVID-19, they should report (not by name, so as to abide by HIPAA rules) to their team and club to notify the league and opposing team that a player, coach or household member (please do not use the person’s name) tested positive so that we may modify the schedules going forward.
Please refer to the EPYS FAQs.
· Anyone feeling sick should leave the facility immediately.
· It is strongly recommended that people over 65 and/or with pre-existing conditions do not attend matches.
· Spectators and guests should bring personal hand sanitizer and wipes to games.
· All spectators must wear a face covering while traveling between the parking lots and the fields.
· Spectators should be separated to comply with the 6-foot minimum social distancing guidelines.
· We strongly recommend that only one (1) parent/supporter per player attend each game in order to limit potential exposure.
· Reduce the number of people on site in one area at any one time to promote social distancing.
· Use paint, tape or cones to ensure proper distance is followed by all attendees to maintain a minimum 6-foot distance from the touchlines, more if possible in order to allow 6-feet of social distancing space for Assistant Referees who run up and down the touchlines.
· Option to obtain Field Marshals to assist and remind others of safety protocols.
· Option to obtain certified and designated Medical staff on site. Information for requesting a certified athletic trainer is on the LVYSL website.
· We do not recommend any team or group pictures on site.